This is the first in a series of articles that will feature small and mid-size analytics companies doing innovative analytics work, based out of India.
Marketelligent is a Bangalore based analytics consulting company focusing on consumer oriented industries namely, Retail Banking & Consumer Finance, Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail , Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Media.
The company was started by Roy Cherian and Anunay Gupta. Roy has over 16 years of experience in marketing, advertising and media in organisations like Nestle, United Breweries, FCB and Feedback Ventures. Anunay has 13 years of experience, with a focus on analytics services in consumer finance. Together they bring together a nice balance of domain expertise as well as analytics know-how.
Marketelligent provides an interesting career opportunity for those who are looking for an entrepreneurial setup that promotes independent thinking and decision making. Currently they are looking for analytics professionals with the following skills:
- understand what drives business growth and customer satisfaction
- have 2-3 years of experience in the Consumer Finance and/or CPG/retail industry
- love playing with data and making business sense of it
- have a good sense of SAS, SQL and MSExcel
- have some idea of statistical techniques like forecasting, regression, etc
- and above all, have a “will do” attitude
For more information, you can visit their website : www.marketelligent.com
For some interesting reading on the field of analytics, visit their blog: http://blog.marketelligent.com/